Looks like this event has already ended.
Check out upcoming events by this organizer, or organize your very own event.
Accelerating Clean Energy: The Intersection of Innovation and National Security
Monday, October 17, 2011 from 2:00 PM to 5:00 PM (PDT)
Accelerating Clean Energy:
A FORUM ON THE INTERSECTION OF INNOVATION
AND NATIONAL SECURITY
WITH SPECIAL GUESTS
The Honorable George P. Shultz
The Honorable John W. Warner
MONDAY OCTOBER 17, 2011
ADDITIONAL CONFIRMED PARTICIPANTS INCLUDE:
Jennifer M. Granholm, Former Governor of Michigan
Major General Anthony L. Jackson, Commanding General, Marine Corps Installations West
Bob MacDonald, Co-Founder and Chief Technology Officer, Skyline Solar
Mark Wagner, Vice President of Government Relations, Johnson Controls, Inc.
John Grabowsky, Vice President and Chief Technology Officer of AeroVironment, Inc.
Carl Guardino, President and CEO, Silicon Valley Leadership Group
Bob Florence, Vice President of Marketing and Business Development, Solazyme
Lee Burrows, Managing Director, VantagePoint Capital Partners
MUNGER CONFERENCE CENTER
AT STANFORD UNIVERSITY
STANFORD, CA 94305
555 SALVATIERRA WALK,
BUILDING 4 - PAUL BREST HALL
Discussions will center on how innovation and entrepeneurship can help reduce our nation's reliance on foreign oil, encourage deployment of renewable energy and technology, and stimulate economic growth. Particular attention will be paid to the leadership role of the Department of Defense in catalyzing energy innovation.
Directions to Paul Brest Hall
• From 280 North or South, take Alpine Road exit East toward Stanford University
• Turn right at the stop light onto Junipero Serra Street
• Turn left at the second stop light onto Campus Drive East
• At the fourth stop sign, turn left onto Bowdoin Lane
• At first stop sign, turn left onto Wilbur Way
• The entrance to Parking Structure Six, the Wilbur Lot, is underground and immediately on your right
• From Parking Structure 6 walk along Campus Drive East sidewalk past the Student Services Building
• Turn right at Salvatierra Walk (between Student Services and Haas Center for Public Service)
• Continue to Nathan Abbott Way. Paul Brest Hall at Munger Graduate Residence, 555 Salvatierra Walk, will be immediately on the right
We would like to acknowledge the following Pew Project on National Security, Energy and Climate partners in their support of this event and dedication to exploring solutions to protect our national security: the Energy Foundation, the Shultz-Stephenson Energy Task Force at the Hoover Institution, the Precourt Institute for Energy, and the Silicon Valley Leadership Group.
The Pew Charitable Trusts makes every effort to comply with federal, state and local government ethics rules when hosting events. Please make sure your participation is consistent with applicable ethics rules.
When & Where
The Pew Project on National Security, Energy & Climate
The Pew Project on National Security, Energy and Climate is an initiative of the Pew Environment Group, and is dedicated to highlighting the critical linkages among national security, energy independence, the economy and climate change. The Pew Project brings together military, security, and scientific experts to examine new strategies for combating climate change, protecting our national security, increasing our energy independence and preserving our nation's natural resources.